Thursday, May 3, 2007

The Class

Learning how to create a website has always been on my to do list. By taking this class, I can now make things live from my little head. I remember my trying to create a website when I was in my undergrad. I did it successfully in my computer, but after uploading it, nothing showed up but all the little X's in the places where I put pictures or texts in. I couldn't fix it and no one could help me at the time. So my little dream of making a website of my own failed. Here I am now, creating something on my own. Of course there's still some thing more to learn, but now I know how to fix it. It's a great thing to know how to solve your problem. Learning Flash and Dreamweaver helps a lot when it comes to creating a site. I didn't know how useful Flash is before learning it this semester. You can do many magical things if you know how to utilize it. Dreamweaver makes everything easier and even the Flash. It's still not comfortable for me to do Flash, especially the action script. It takes lot's of time to use it and to get to know it better. Creating a website is like teaching or playing the music, you need to know what you want to do, and plan it in advance. Once you know the outline, you can do much more in depth to perfect it.

About the class, I like the way of interaction. It is always important to have an interactive atmosphere in the classroom. That's the best way in terms of learning. The blogging assignment is also a good idea of interactive learning. I'm always a blogger and I love blogging. But it is the first time my putting something serious on the blog. I had to think about the way to present my thoughts into words. It has been a nice activity of brainstorming for me. For the thing I would like the class to improve, I don't know if it's possible, but since we have the multimedia lab, it'll be great if we can have the meetings in the multimedia lab. It's always good to do what we learn immediately. Not having the program for the class or the expiration of trial version is an annoying thing for me. Having the opportunity to use the computers with the programs we need during the class was the first thing came into my mind when thinking about the improvement of the class.

No comments: