Monday, February 19, 2007

Welcome to Windows


Every one is familiar with the default sounds of Windows XP like the sound of start-up, shut-down, error or new mail. A composer from Seatle combined these sounds with piano into a fabulous piece called "Welcome to Windows". This is such a cool song that the listener can just listen to it over and over again. You would have a smile on your face whenever you listen to it. The most interesting thing is, you would get confused if the sound is from the music, OR it's from YOUR computer if you're using a Windows XP system. Especially when the "Error" sound emerges, I panicked, I have to say, when the first time I listened to the music. Only a musician would have come up with this fun and interesting idea to put these two things together. Just to make fun of our daily lives. THAT's the greatest thing of music, isn't it?

You can visit the composer's website for further information.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

This is a really interesting piece! But I have to admit that I can't help feeling uncomfortable hearing the start-up sound again & again during a short time. It reminds me of bad memories like fixing my computer. At one point, I kept listening to the piece and it later became an earworm!

cherryflute said...

Yes, I can't agree with you more. This piece is definitely an earworm once you listen to it!

Sweet Rain said...

It's just awesome !!!
What a smart thought!!
I like it so much~!!