Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Vegie Music

My cousin and I were talking about not over-covering the embouchure hole of the flute by "eating" the instrument the other day. And she told me about something that there's a band in the world which the instruments are really eatable called the vegetable band. Amazed by such an information, I did a search on the subject and truely had I found this interesting organization! Officially, the name of this group is called the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra. As the name shows, they play music with the instruments made by vegetables such as carrots, pumpkins, leeks, cucumbers etc. There are 11 musicians, a person for sound engineering and a person for videotaping. And the highlight of the concerts, you would say, is that the audience are offered fresh soup after the concerts. The more I read through the information of this group, the more I wanted to listen to their music and to see what it's really like. And luckily I really found a clip at YouTube shows some segments of their concert and the interviews, and of course the fresh soup they offered after the concert! The whole video is in German but still it's so interesting to watch and listen to their music made by vegetables!! Incredibly and out of my imagination, the "vegie music" is really good!!!

For the information about the Vegetable Orchestra, the instruments they make and the sound clips, please visit their website The Vegetable Orchestra.

And here is the video clip I found at YouTube:

No comments: