Sunday, February 4, 2007

Online Dictionary

One of the best things I like from the internet is that you can search everything you want on the internet. At least it hasn't let me down so far! And finding the virtual dictionary is such a big help for me.

The very first dictionary and the one I use most is the Yahoo Taiwan dictionary. It has made my learning much easier whether when I was in Taiwan or here.

And then not having the music dictionary with me everywhere, I found this Dometsch Online music dictionary which enables me to look for the quick and short definition of those music terms on the score.

For a chorus coductor and of course a musician, the familiarity with different languages is very important. One should at least be able to translate the lyrics word by word, especially in French, German, Italian and Latin. The WorldLingo Free Online Translator is a website where one can translate almost every important language in the world. Not only can it translate word by word but a sentence to another. This site had helped me a lot when I learnt French during my senior year in college.

Another dictionary I found on the internet is the WordReference.com. This one is the French-Spanish-Italian dictionary. It looks fancy with the interface and looks just like a dictionary! This one is really cool too.

The most amazing dictionary I've found that I definetly have to share is the Latin Dictionary. You'll find it strange when you first enter the website because it's just a page of the yellow background with black word and some links. But when you read the words carefully and check those links, you'll find it very useful. The first link is the online Latin Dictionary provided by theUniversity of Notre Dame. But actually it is a Latin-English Dictionary Program that you can download from this site to use. Once you download it, you can just look it up like using a Dos system. It's easy and convenient to use. I'm so happy I found this one. You don't have to go to the library and look for the stupid heavy dictionary anymore!!

Just some dictionaries I found that I think it would be good to share.
Wish that will help~!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.